Sunday, January 2, 2011

your personal information

The following has been going around on Facebook.  I went to the site, and sure enough there was all my information.  I don't mind someone finding information on a site where I entered that information, but for a site to accumulate information from other places and post about me without my approval just really infuriates me! And.... Sites that I do enter information about myself, I have my privacy set for "friends only"  So it makes me wonder if some of these 'social networks' are 'selling' information to keep their sites viable???????
There's a site called spokeo.com that's a new online USA phone book w/personal information: everything from pics you've posted on FB or web, your approx credit score, home photo & value, income, age. Go remove yourself by searching for yourself on their site to find the URL of your page, then go to the bottom of the page and click on the Privacy button to remove yourself. Re-post so your FB friends are aware!

Katie who wonders how many other places have my info!

No comments: