Got some sewing done, but nothing quilt related. I wanted to make a bag. Sort of like a cosmetic bag shape – but bigger. Spent a couple days figuring out a size I’d like, drafting the pattern and then sewing it together:
I really like the fabrics I chose. I used a fusible fleece on the outside fabric and a medium weight fusible interfacing on the lining. I like the firmness of the bag with the exception of the top. It tends to want to sag in. I’m thinking if I make this again, I will figure out a way to insert small tubing in the curved seam lines. And now that it’s done, I’m not sure how I’ll use it….
Then I came across this a while back when reading quilting blogs. And while I was in a creative mood decided to give it a go:
I liked the little pockets across the belly. To give it some stability I used the poly beads in the bottom. I made a little pouch – sort of like a bean bag – to keep the beads from shifting. The white yarn I added to be able to close the wings:
Maybe this week, I’ll work on some quilting stuff…..