Saturday, January 8, 2011

started out good

The day started out pretty well.  Figured I'd probably get my DGD's quilt top finished today.  Then I got a call from my DD in Ohio asking if I'd had the TV on.  Then she went on to tell me about the shooting of one of our AZ congresswomen, Gabriel Giffords.  So I spent the better part of the day watching the story unfold on TV.  It is so sad whenever something like this happens, but a 9 year old girl fell victim to the shooting.  My thoughts and prayers are with all the families of the victims but my heart breaks for that innocent little girl.  The story continues to unfold and it will probably be days before much of the details are clear.  I guess being aware of our surroundings are more important than ever in these times.

Katie

1 comment:

Sally said...

ugh, hadn't heard about that...I never turn on the tv.