and proceeded to stitch strings. I started all my circles with a triangle scrap and went around from that center.
Once I had all my circles secured where I wanted them, I sandwiched my little quilt using liquid starch and a few pins to hold in place. The liqud starch is sticky enough to hold everything without shifting. I spray the batting, then smoothed the backing and pressed dry; turned over, sprayed the other side of the batting, smoothed the top over the batting and pressed dry again. I wouldn't suggest using it with poly batting, though. I'm sure it would compact/melt the batting! Then I used a blanket stitch around the circles - I suppose you could do this before you sandwiched the quilt, but I wanted it as part of my quilting. Then I just did some straight stitching to quilt.
I did not want cross hatching, so you can see I only stitched to the lines and tried not to cross them.
For my binding, I just reached into my left over binding drawer and pulled out a couple brights that I had and used those. Really, the striped one was almost enough.... but what the heck, this is Scrappy so needed that little extra anyway :-)
This little piece measures about 18 X 13 and will probably be used for a placemat for my grandkids. I'm thinking I'll do a couple more with different shapes on them.
Happy, Scrappy Saturday :-)