Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Getting back into the swing of things

Take 5 days away and it's going to take me that long to get back into my routine!  Spent Sunday just resting up, Monday was spent putting my bedroom back in order as DH painted it while I was gone, Tues. I actually put a quilt on the frame and got it quilted.  Today DH wanted to go into Tucson, so not much else got done.  I did do a few quilt layouts in EQ for May/June QFC quilts.  We will be donating to a women's shelter so need to have larger quilts..   I bought EQ5 and have never 'upgraded' to 6 and now I'd have to purchase the entire EQ7 program.  I'm thinking EQ5 is just fine for what I use it for!  I know there is so much more I could do with the program if I simply took the time to sit down and 'play' with it.  I bought extra books to learn more - just have never got around to using them - maybe someday.
I know everyone likes pictures, so into my archives I go again:  The above quilt was made for my 2nd daughter for her birthday.  She loves cows and I had the cow print in my stash.  The embroidery designs are from Ace Points.
I think they are really cute.

This quilt was 'playing' quilt.  I love curved piecing.  The template's are from Eliza's Backporch designs.

This quilt was donated to a charity - I don't remember where I got the fan embroidery designs that run down the center.  I have plans to make myself another 'circle' quilt using some aqua fabrics in my stash.  This really was incredibly easy to do. 
So 'til next time - simply enjoy life!

Katie

No comments: