Monday, March 14, 2011

Do I have to give it away???

The pictures don't do this justice.  I really love this quilt!  It will be donated to Quilters for Comfort, but I have to admit, if it was a bit larger, I'd be very tempted to keep it.  I quilted it using flowers and loops

The colors just jump out at me and make me think happy thoughts - I love quilts like that!

I presented my granddaughter with her quilt last evening - she loved it!
and the backing that I just feel compliments this quilt so well:

I wish I was a more creative quilter.  I'm improving the feathers, but still have a long way to go.  I so admire these quilters who do (in my opinion) such lovely, free flowing feathers.  Ahhhhh, someday (maybe)
Spent the better part of my day reading.  I'm reading Nora Roberts "Bride" series - one more to go.  Sometimes I get into book and just want to get to the end.  Today was one of those days!
Hope everyone had a good beginning to their week.

Katie

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Your donated quilt is full of happy colors and would make anyone smile. It will surely make the recipient think happy thoughts as well. And that's what donating quilts is all about - so you done good!

And your granddaughter's quilt turned out GREAT!! I love the backing fabric you chose - it's PERFECT!! I've been quilting for over thirty years - and I'm still trying to improve my skills. I figure nobody's perfect - I just want to get BETTER.