Friday, March 4, 2011

Got it!!!

Got the pattern for DGD's quilt worked out - I think it's really going to be a nice quilt:
Here's a little preview:
I knew there wouldn't be enough blocks if I used just the black designs, so I decided to stitch out the designs in red as well and 'frame' them in the grey.  I like the way a pinwheel is formed were the blocks come together.  I always like quilts with movement.

Here's the quilt I made up using the Twist n Turn method of setting:  I pulled these designs out to 'try out' the setting for my DGD's quilt, but for what I wanted to do, I couldn't cut them the way I wanted to.
I like this quilt - I like the 'happiness' of it.

These little bags are held open with plastic tubing in the top and the wide loop for a 'handle' is made to be able to attach them to a hospital bed rail, wheel chair arm, etc....  These will be going to March/April Quilters for Comfort charity group:
So all in all a productive day (except the bags - they were done over last weekend).  I did go dig in the dirt.  Didn't plant yet, and still need to get some of my seeds started in peat pots but it did feel good just to be outside in the sun.


No comments: