Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Piecework

I'm calling this quilt "Piecework" but the designer, Stephanie Prescott, named it Squares in the Air.  The pattern was published in Quilts magazine Oct/Nov 2010 issue.
This was pieced from scraps or fat quarters.  I liked working with the light,medium, dark color values.  Everything about this quilt was pieced including the backing,

and even the batting and binding. 
Because this is a quilt for me and for utilitarian use, I sewed together scraps of batting I had. ( I would not recommend doing this for a 'better' or gift quilt.)  I used binding left over from other quilts, pieced that together and therefor the name "Piecework" as it truly is a work of pieces!
I couldn't really decide on how I wanted to quilt it. I had thought I'd try something new, but in the end went with just what I call vines and leaves.  Simply a continous line swirly type stitching with some loops and leaves.
Now on to my next project which I really haven't decided what it will be :-)

Katie

No comments: