Monday, November 29, 2010

ah....creativity

I went into EQ and designed a quilt:
The white centers will be fussy cut fabric and the yellow fabric is actually a tan.  Because I decided to make these blocks 12", I doubt I will make this many blocks.  This quilt will be donated to a friend who does motorcycle poker runs and motorcycle rodeos.  The proceeds from these events go to charitable organizations.  This quilt will be raffled and the proceeds donated to Honor Flight http://www.honorflight.org/
My friend has asked that I have the quilt ready by the end of January.  He would like to display it when he starts selling the raffle tickets.  So, I've already made 7 blocks, but I am short on the red fabric and will have to get more.  The fussy cut centers are not fabrics that will appeal to everyone (you'll understand once I post actual pictures).  I personally am really liking the way this quilt is coming together.  I've put the 7 blocks on the design wall and I'm happy with the look.
Tomorrow will be back to sewing for Christmas gifts.  I have so many ideas running through my brain, I know I won't get them all done.  If I was more disciplined, I'd try and do one gift a day, then I'd have them all done for Christmas.  I ordered Camo fabric to make my guys camo outfits for hunting.  They may get the fabric wrapped with a note "some assembly required"  and signed "see mom".  I've been known to give partial gifts such as jammie tops or bottoms with a note of "to be continued".  One crocheted slipper instead of 2.  A picture frame with a picture of the unfinished quilt.  As long as everything is together for the kids, I don't mind giving 'partial' gifts to the adults in the family :-) 
Other than some small stocking stuffer type items, my actual Christmas shopping is done.  That's a first for me.  I'm normally the Christmas Eve, rush to the store type of person (and hope there's actually something left worth buying).
I see Christmas lights going up on the houses, trees in windows and wonder what happened to waiting at least until the 1st of December.  But that is another story (or possible rant!)

Katie

No comments: