Friday, December 3, 2010

22 days til.....

So it's December - 22 days to Christmas.  I was in a depression last year during the Holidays which is something very rare for me - I am usually a very positive person.  So this year, I'm really looking forward to Christmas.  This is the first time in a very long time that if Christmas came tomorrow, I'd be relatively prepared.  I need to wrap some gifts as I don't want the recipients to possibly come across them!  With all the interest in 'going green', I've thought about making simple gift bags that could be recycled for use as 'grocery bags'.  I'm thinking I wouldn't want them to be so season specific, but if I made them with simple muslin and a Christmas print lining, they could be turned 'inside out' when ready to be used for other purposes.  Or, maybe put a vinyl pocket on the outside of the bag and insert an old Christmas card in it (I save all my cards just incase the kids ever want to craft with them).  Or.... what the heck, make the bags with Christmas print fabric and ask that the bags are reused for future Christmas gift exchange.  Oh, the possibilities......

No comments: