No finishes to talk of but I did get a bit accomplished:
This quilt will be donated to a teen boys home in Pittsburgh, PA. I chose the gold thread on black as those are the colors of the Pittsburgh Steelers football team – and we all know how boys like their football! I will quilt this using a freehand flame motif. I need to practice a bit as I plan on using a red thread which will definitely show up on the black. I did have to change out the tension spring on the quilter, so need to use a practice quilt to set tension anyway…..
Also worked on a couple Farmer’s Wives blocks:
On the right is Birds in Air. I used HST units cut from trims from a previous quilt – I almost threw those little bitty things away! I did not have matching fabrics for those HST’s but I think I did an okay job of matching the colors…. On the right is Bouquet. More fabric from the scrap bin. Which lead me to do this:
I still have a filing cabinet full of odd pieces of fabric. I also keep a trash can next to my cutting table for ‘scrap sized’ pieces that still need to be sorted. We’ll see how far I actually get, but it’s time I get some sort of control over my fabric. Actually, I really need to see what I actually have and use what I have. I’m on a mission to use up my older fabrics….. Again, we’ll see how far that goes.
Hope everyone has a great week,