Saturday, August 6, 2011

Scrappy Saturday

I bummed out 2 weeks in a row now!  Last Saturday, I was enroute coming home from SewFest in Kansas.  And this week was my 'recovery' week with lots of interruptions (see previous post).  So, I'll share with you a quilt that was created from Swapped Blocks:
Sorry about the quality of this photo (old camera!)

This was a swap of black & White with redwork embroidery as the center square.
a little closer look

This needed to be made longer, so I just took some scraps of black & white and made a 'sort of' sawtooth top and bottom border, then bordered with other fabric from stash.  Note:  No new fabric was bought for the making of this quilt :-)
I will make a point of having a true "Scrappy" project for next Saturday!
Have a great rest of your weekend!

Katie


No comments: