Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A few more

We worked poor Paula so hard that we had to do something....


So off to a the local quilt guilds show in Hutchinson, KS


I loved this quilt.  It's made with grandmother's fans and half square triangles with a circle appliqued for the head.  Might be something even I could do!  I love, love, love the little angles border!


This quilt caught my eye because of all the embroidered detail.  It's simply awesome.  I very rarely do hand work, but I certainly appreciate the time someone had to take for this quilt.  It's gorgeous!

A close up of the embroidery.  And hand quilted, too!

This quilt is dimensional.  The little aprons actually stand away from the quilt a bit.


The butterflies stand off the quilt as well.  And look at the hand in the pocket.  

This small child's quilt was so cute.... but look at that quilting.  All hand quilted and animals were quilted all around the border.  Such talent!

are these just the best!?


 Hope you've enjoyed the quilt show and a bit of narrative about the QFC SewFest.  Now I will be spending some time with my quilter getting some of the quilt tops that I brought home quilted.    You'd think that being unemployed, I'd have all sorts of time - Nope, I just find too many more things I'd like to do......and still not enough time to get them all done!

Katie

2 comments:

Linda said...

Thank you for sharing the pictures! What great quilts. They're all beautiful!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Those quilts are great! I especially like the dimensional one with the aprons and butterflies. And the angel one is VERY clever. I like that one too! Thanks for sharing!
^..^