Sunday, February 3, 2013

Happy Super Bowl Sunday

And that's not my team!  I made this for a friend.  He had the SF 49er's Logo patch and wanted me to make this banner for his 'club'.  Once I gave it to him I told him I was tempted to put a patch on the back that said "Go Ravens!"
So this was just a little something I did this week.  I made this using canvas.  I was concerned that felt would sag eventually.  I fused the letters and was going to leave it at that but then decided I'd go ahead and do a small zig zag stitch around the letters.  First I went around the logo patch - first big mistake.  Trying to manipulate that stiff patch (about 14" wide) though the throat space of my domestic machine was not fun.  Then as I was stitching around the letters, other letters started falling off!  Another note to self - use heavier fusible.  Then the letters started to fray as I stitched around them - they got a bit of a hair cut after I was done with that!  Anyway, a few lessons learned on this one and my friend was happy with his banner (even if I'm not rooting for his team :-)  )
Hope you all are having a SUPER day (couldn't help myself).  I'll be heading to my son's to celebrate my granddaughter's third B-day and, Yes, watch the Super Bowl!

Katie 

No comments: