Sunday, February 3, 2013
Happy Super Bowl Sunday
So this was just a little something I did this week. I made this using canvas. I was concerned that felt would sag eventually. I fused the letters and was going to leave it at that but then decided I'd go ahead and do a small zig zag stitch around the letters. First I went around the logo patch - first big mistake. Trying to manipulate that stiff patch (about 14" wide) though the throat space of my domestic machine was not fun. Then as I was stitching around the letters, other letters started falling off! Another note to self - use heavier fusible. Then the letters started to fray as I stitched around them - they got a bit of a hair cut after I was done with that! Anyway, a few lessons learned on this one and my friend was happy with his banner (even if I'm not rooting for his team :-) )
Hope you all are having a SUPER day (couldn't help myself). I'll be heading to my son's to celebrate my granddaughter's third B-day and, Yes, watch the Super Bowl!