Sunday, February 24, 2013

Best Intentions…

People have wondered why I don’t make lists.   Grocery lists, to-do lists, misc shopping lists….  Why would I?  I had my weekend planned (well sort of).  I quilted one more quilt, got another on the frame and 1/3 quilted.  Figured I would come home after my g-sons’ football game and finish that quilt and get another on the frame.  Instead… my 9 yr. old GS has his ‘white baby’ which is a crocheted afghan he’s had since he was a baby.  It’s his favorite and very well loved.  It’s also in tatters.  So “please grandma, can you fix it?”  Now what’s more important?  Getting the quilt that’s waiting, done or doing something for a GS?  For me there really is no question, I’m doing my best to try and repair what I can of his afghan!  Got home, pulled out a yarn needle and some nice soft white yarn and started on his “baby”.  I know it won’t be perfect, but he’ll love that it’s intact for a bit longer.  His dad was the same and still has ‘his baby’.  Some things you simply can’t put aside until ‘later’!!

I have dear friends who are headed to Seattle in a couple weeks.  He has Leukemia and will be undergoing a stem cell transplant.  His donor is from the ‘donor registry'.  Surprisingly, he did not have a family member that was a possible donor.  I am unable to be a donor due to having hepatitis as a child.  My hubby wasn’t a candidate due to a respiratory health issue.  I bring this up because I hope all that are able, are listed as donors.  Something so small, can make such a huge difference in someone’s life.  Anyway, they could be gone for as long 6 months and I will not only be praying and worrying about them, I will be missing them.  So today we will get together for a nice dinner and a game of dominos. 

On that note, I really need to get myself busy.  A house to straighten up, a meal to cook and a ‘baby’ to work on Smile

Katie

No comments: