Saturday, July 2, 2011

Scrappy Saturday

This was a quick scrappy project – well maybe not exactly a project as it’s something I wanted to try but not sure how far I’ll take it!
This…….
IMG_0664
after trimming became this:
IMG_0665
And when all the elements are added becomes this:
IMG_0666

So this is truly scrappy but what happens if it’s ‘controlled’ scrappy?
I had these trimming left over from a project and really not enough to do anything with but let’s try another New York Beauty:IMG_0667IMG_0669
These New York Beauties are small – see the ruler to the left?  4½” !
IMG_0670
So which do you like better?  I think I like the totally scrappy better.  One thing about making these so small?  I think it’s time to get the 1/8” seam down.  the 1/4” really is too large for these small of pieces.  The curved seams I will trim!
So another sort of scrappy project this week came from  making these:IMG_0671

The red & white is cut from strip sets and when I got to the end of as many as I could cut, I still had about 4” or so left on the strip set.  So I cut them into strips to make a 4 patch square and those went into these:
IMG_0672
This square measures 6 1/4” so I will add strips to frame this out and make it a 10” (finished) block.
Hope you all have a Happy Scrappy Saturday!
Katie





3 comments:

Sewing Junkie said...

What a way to use up pieces. I really like the rays in white. Chris

Linda said...

Oh, I love these!!! They are both beautiful, but I love the one with the red(?can't tell the true color this morning) rays and yellow upper part. But then, I really love warm colors so that explains it. I also love the red/white/blue blocks!

Rosa-Munda said...

Second attempt. . .
I love your scrappy New York Beauties - I should have a go at these one day! Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment. Ros x