Monday, July 11, 2011

Didn't make it!

I didn't make Scrappy Saturday this week!  I was lucky enough to have a friend who I haven't seen in a year (she lives in another state!) stop in with her 2 children on Friday and visit - it was so wonderful to see her!  Kari was here on Saturday and she made a book bag for her friend and then made a wallet for herself - she's becoming quite the sewer!  Then I forgot to take pictures of the mug organizers I was making for my roommates at SewFest before I packed them up so here's a picture of the one I made for myself and really love it.


It's a 'cover' made to fit over a cup/mug.  I found a tin cup at the thrift store which I think is perfect for these organizers.  And... they hold a ton of stuff (as you can see!)  I believe that Nancy's Notions has a free pattern for a "mug pinafore" that is similar to this.    I think a tin can could also be used for this but you'd have to come up with a handle - Maybe a handle attached to the cover that has some 'boning' in it to give the handle substance..... ummm, Now I'm going to have to hit the pantry and see if I have some larger cans..... Oh, dear, like I don't have enough to do, but when I get something in my head, I have to try it!

'til next time,

Katie


2 comments:

Karen said...

I love this mug organizer! Heading over to Nancy's to check it out.

Katie M. said...

Karen, hope you found the instructions at Nancy's Notions. If not, do a search for "bucket organizers" and just modify it to suit your mug!