Thursday, February 24, 2011

Odds and Ends

I saw a Lil Twister quilt on another site and decided I wanted to try and do one - Alas, I didn't have the tool/ruler.  So, I just taped my 6½ ruler for a placement line and made up 2 - 4 patch quilts with borders and these little quilts are what I came up with.  I won't go into details as to how I did what - as I don't know if that is a copyright infringement.  I'm not even sure I did it right, but I do like the results ohof my endeavors.  I'm thinking I will be making a full size quilt using this method.
I made a Chelsea bag/backpack from Lazy Girl designs (sorry no picture - maybe later).  I wanted to have a bag for going to Disney with family at the end of March - lets me carry all my junk with hands free :-)  I've probably made about 4 of these bags (maybe more) and  they really carry alot of stuff!
It's actually been pretty slow in the quilting department - I think I just about have the pattern I want to use for a new quilt for me - just need to work on the dimensions.
Until next time - hope everyone is staying in good health and being creative.

Katie

2 comments:

Karyn said...

Love it! Love your blog too! I hear you about the "blah" days... :o) Glad you're back in the swing of things!

Primitive Quilts and Projects said...

Hey, Katie... This is Judy from Primitive Quilts and Projects. I'm following up on your comment to our January 3 blog post about charitable causes. May we print your comment in the first issue of our magazine? It will ship in early April. Feel free to contact me through our blog, or by email at JudyW@homespunmediallc.com.