Friday, August 23, 2013

Still around

I’m still around but haven’t spent much time in the sewing room for the past week (and I was on such a good roll).  My grandsons are back to playing football and I spend last Saturday in the full Tucson sun for 4 hours.  I almost threw in the towel but figured if those boys could play in full gear, the least I could do was hang in there and support their efforts.  I don’t know who organized this league but my honest opinion is they should be prosecuted for child abuse!  I simply can not believe any sane person believes it’s okay to put children through that much heat…. Okay, enough of that rant (for now)

Sunday was picking apples and peaches with my son’s family.  I did not get very much as I really did not want to spend that much time processing it.  I think about the expense of driving 3 hours to get to the orchards, then what it cost to do the work of picking your own, don’t forget you have to have a meal while you’re out…..  That was the most expensive 20 lbs of fruit I’ve ever bought!

Kari leaves today for college and I will miss her so much.  The past couple weeks have been really emotional for her.  I think the realization of all the new changes coming her way have finally hit.  I’m hoping I can keep it together today when she leaves……  Anyway, I’ve spent quite a bit of time with her and that is another reason why the sewing room is quite neglected.

Okay, that’s it for now.  I apologize for no pictures but no sense in posting what you’ve already seen…

Katie

No comments: