Monday, August 5, 2013

Something else

I’m finished up a couple more Sew Fest quilts:

IMG_0001IMG_0109The quilt tops are so nice and I always worry that I’ve done them justice.  I’m happy with the way these are turning out.

I also dapple in paper crafts.  A little scrapbooking and card making.  I made a journal using an old book’s cover – No pictures of that but it got me doing this:   IMG_0003  A journal.  I made this one for Kari as she heads out to college in just a couple weeks.  She will be majoring in journalism and a simple store bought journal simply wasn’t something I could see Kari excited about.  So this was customized for Kari:

There are tags for her to write on.  Little flaps for her to slide other items into.  I made little envelopes for her to stick tags she’s written on into or to keep other keepsakes in.  After I gave it to her, she looked at me and said “Oh, Grandma, you know me so well!”  She is such a special person and I am sure going to miss her when she heads out to college.  Thankfully, she’s staying here in AZ so I can take a road trip…….

Katie

No comments: