My chair pads were in pretty bad shape and when I came across this fabric in my stash, I knew it would be perfect for summer chair pads. Then once I was done with the chair pads and back covers, I had enough for a table topper. I have had this fabric for years and I believe I probably bought it to make covers for the back porch chairs, but I do love it inside.This is one of my ‘vintage’ machines. I had bought the cabinet with a non-working machine several years ago. I have a couple vintage Singer machines and had the hopes of putting one of them in this cabinet. After I refinished the cabinet, I was pretty disappointed that my Singer did not fit… After my SIL passed, her husband sent this machine home with my hubby (along with tons of fabric!) It was in a small square cabinet, but when I saw that it was a Kenmore, I knew where it was going. This machine is in such good shape and I do enjoy taking it out and using it. I just wish I had room in my sewing room for it. It sits in my living room… Anyway, I was just straight stitch quilting the table topper, moving along at a pretty good pace and heard this sort of grinding sound and the needle was not going up and down! I oiled the machine and checked the tightness of the belt… alas, I believe the motor is toast! I know my late SIL put this machine to good use – she was an amazing seamstress and overall sewist! My hubby is gone for a few days helping to get a youth camp ready for the summer season, but when he gets home, I’ll have him look at it. I do believe if he determines it is the motor, I will take it in and have a new motor put on it….
I am still on the lookout for a cabinet that can house one of my Singers. I won’t care if it is in rough shape. It can be renewed
So that is what I’ve been up to along with getting the kitchen cupboards cleaned out and reorganized. I could have spent one full day doing it all, but I have discovered that I did not find it such a chore since I’ve spread it out over several days.