Sunday, April 14, 2013

April 14, 2013

IMG_0015IMG_0016

I showed this quilt top in my previous post.  Here it is in it’s final state, all quilted and bound.  I really need work on my feather wreaths, so that is what I did.  I was not happy with them, but they aren’t horrible…. I did free hand meander in the ‘crazy patch’ blocks and for the borders just a simple vine and loops.

This is my next row for the row swap on QFC.  These are all just lined up on my design wall.  The recipient did not want her blocks sewn together.Sheryl's row

If you look closely, you can see that the pinwheels are not all turning the same direction.  No, I did not plan it that way.  I mixed up on sewing the black/white triangle units and when I realized they could become a design element, that’s the way they stayed! 

These are blocks from a block swap:

block swapI chose black, yellow & grey for my colors and the Brasstown Star  block for my block.  I am really loving these colors and the ladies I swapped with did an outstanding job with all the blocks.  My next decision will be whether or not to sash between the blocks.  I’ve already decided that if I do, I will use a solid black and then border with a black, yellow, grey print of some kind… I need to take a trip to the fabric store and maybe that will help my decision – find the border fabric and go from there.

And here are the first 3 “clues” from the mystery I’ve written:

IMG_0014I wanted a higher contrast between the black background print and the solid green, but I could not find a solid green that blended well enough other than this… The choices were either too bright, too light or too dark.  I looked at a couple ‘blenders’ and I felt they were too busy because of the print.  I’m hoping that once it all comes together, it works.  I need to send Clue #4 off today and start working on those.  Remember I’m working this along with the ladies… may be my biggest mistake!!!

I also have a “row along” to add to.  Cathy B. from QFC started a “Who’s Next” challenge.  She made a row then posted a picture with a “who’s next?” caption.  The first person to comment that they were ‘in’, had the row sent to them to add their row, then they post the “who’s next?”… Anyway, I’m person #3 to add and I also have that to work on…. So, guess I’d better get busy….

Katie

No comments: