Wednesday, September 5, 2012

R & R definitely over!

If you read my previous post, you're aware that I was enjoying some down time.  Back to the reality of life and it wasn't pretty.... I have a dear friend who underwent surgery and chemo for colon cancer last year.  Her last chemo was in Dec. 2011 and has been declared "disease free".  Unfortunately, her husband is now in the hospital and undergoing chemo for leukemia.  His estimated hospital stay is 3 to 4 weeks.  It is hoped that the chemo works and he will not have to undergo a bone marrow transplant - time will tell..... I was so saddened by this news and so very shocked.  My prayers continue to be with them both.
On the sewing side... I did finish the shooting mat for my son so now I can concentrate on getting some quilts made.

Katie who's sorry for the sad post.....

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I am SO SORRY to hear that, Katie - my best wishes go out to them both. Sometimes I'm not sure which is worse - the disease or the treatment. ;(( On the sewing side - can't wait to see what you make - ;))