I had some fabric left over from DH’s shirt I was making. This was fabric my hubby had chosen, and this is what I decided to make with the left overs:
Here are a couple close up. I did make a bit of an error and if you really want to look close, you might find it……I needed 8 strips of exact cuts, but when I went to stitch up the first blocks, I realized I only had 7. I had to cut an additional strip and it wasn’t perfect… but that’s okay, I still like the blocks and once the quilt is quilted, the imperfections won’t be as obvious.
I decided to sash the blocks with white and red cornerstones. This picture shows how it will look – they aren’t sewn in the picture. I did manage to get the body of the quilt assembled this afternoon, but I won’t post until I get the border done.
I’m thinking this will have a double border. A narrow red with a wider blue. or I might make it equal wide strips of red, white and blue… Still a bit undecided about that one.
I will be MIA for a few days. DH & I will be heading to Prescott Valley, AZ to help his sister. She bought a foreclosed home, allowed the widow to live in the house until she found a place to move to. Said widow left the house in really bad shape. I know we will be tearing out carpet, painting, cleaning (inside and out) and possibly laying tile. I think it’s awful that someone can repay a kindness by leaving such a mess…. Not sure I will have computer connection, so if you leave a comment and I don’t reply, it’s not because I don’t care, it’s because I probably won’t have read it yet. Just be patient, I’ll reply as soon as I can.