Saturday, May 5, 2012

Not again.....


From my previous post, I did get the borders on the quilt.  I used the darker blue print fabric for cornerstones.  Got the back ready, got the batting ready (I buy a bolt at a time) - then I did something stupid.  I suggested to hubby that we had talked about getting a new back door.  So we did and in so doing it needed to be installed - by us!  As if that wasn't enough,  I think the fur baby needs her own special little door.  Okay, so she hates it.... but I keep pushing her through it in the hopes that some day she'll decide it's not going to attack her and it's okay to use.  All I do know is the doggy treat jar is going down faster than usual.......
So door is finally in (did you know that houses built in the early 50's are not very square?), still need to do the trim work around it, then paint inside and out where some demolition happened taking out the old door.... Oh, gee fun stuff.  When will I learn to keep my mouth shut?!
Anyway, tropical fish quilt top, batting & backing are still draped over the frame waiting for me finish.  Today is ball game and a bit of shopping in Tucson, probably helping hubby with the trim work when we get home.  Tomorrow is one of the grandson's 6th birthday celebration (they grow way too fast), but the morning I'll have some time - maybe (if nothing else) I can get the quilt on the frame
Okay, need to get myself in gear..... I wonder??????? if I spent as much time on the sewing machine as I do on the computer, how much could I get accomplished ??????  ummm something for me to think about.....

Katie