Friday, May 11, 2012

A few finishes

Getting to the bottom of the piles.  Finished up the Tropical Fish – it will be going to Delaware to an organization, Circle of Light.

IMG_1464

Here are a few more going to the same organization.   They were only quilted by me but made by Mickey M. from the Quilters for Comfort group.

IMG_1467IMG_1468IMG_1470IMG_1471IMG_1473

Mickey makes the cutest quilts and they are always a joy to quilt. Most of these were simple meander quilting. The Fairies quilt, I did do feather wreathes in the strip patches but even with a close up, they are hard to see.

IMG_1472

I need take some time and practice making feathers.  I've watched so many videos and I think I simply need to work out a way that works for me – I know I can do this (eventually)

Busy weekend ahead – my DIL’s mother is getting married this evening, my grandsons’ last football game for the season is tomorrow morning, then Mother’s Day on Sunday.  Planning of kebobs on the grill for Sunday – not sure what else, but it won’t matter… the family will be here and that’s the best part.

Wishing everyone a great weekend and a Happy Mother’s day to the moms, grandmoms and mother figures who we all know have given so much of themselves to others they love.

Katie

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Great finishes! Have a Happy Mother's Day, Katie! ;))