Sunday, April 22, 2012

just stuff

A week has gone by since my last post.... Trying to think of what I've done this week other than simply  have it go by too fast.  Quilted 2 more quilts, had 2 done so that left me 4 to get the bindings on - done!  I have one quilt to put borders on and once that's done, I think I'll only have 6 more to quilt and finish.  I had another row to make for a row lotto and got that done today.  Decided to make a couple Farmer's Wives blocks - that didn't work out too well.  Used the measurements that EQ gave me to make HST's - once assembled that unit was too big....so, I'll rip those seams out and trim the HST units to the proper size and I hate to rip - so I left the sewing room instead.  OH, Pictures???? I'd have some if I could find my camera....
I did venture into SAS, a discount fabric store in Tucson,  I went in to get some Sunbrella fabric to recover the cushion on my wicker love seat on the back porch.  Of course I had to venture over toward the cotton fabric - oh, big mistake..... I walked out with 13 yards of cotton fabric, too.  And as for the Sunbrella fabric - OMG, that stuff is like sewing cardboard.  I covered that cushion but I don't think I like it, it is so very stiff now.  I'll see if it 'breaks in' a bit....
I have a busy week ahead and probably won't get much sewing in.  The local Rotary club is sponsoring an invitational track meet this Friday and I will be busy getting all the finishing touches on that.  Have meetings to attend for it, a dinner meeting at my house Tues evening.....This week will probably go by too fast, also.... Ah, well, guess it keeps me busy and out of trouble........

Katie

1 comment:

~Deb Lindley said...

LOL - so glad to hear I'm not the only impulse shopper when it comes to fabrice! Sooo, what are you going to make with all the lovely yardage?

Bet it'll be Fun!
~Deb