Tuesday, October 19, 2010

trying again

Ever start something then forget the important parts of it?  Well, that's what I did!  Started a quilting blog and then forgot what my password was!  So here I go again and this time I made certain to write all the pertinent information down.  I am on Facebook, and it's okay for simple, short statements, but when I really want to say something, I don't like the limitations.  So here I am and I will try to keep this blog up to date with pictures and activities.
My profile picture is of my brother and myself.  There are so few pictures of me (as I'm usually behind the camera) that I decided to just post a picture that simply makes me smile.  I will remember that day I went fishing with my brother until the day I die.  We had such fun.
Okay, so this blog is about quilts for the most part but it will also be simply about me and, of course, my family.  I wouldn't be who I am without my family - they are my heart and soul!
Quilting...........I love it!  I would say I'm an intermediate quilter.  I don't do alot of small pieces (unless it's paper pieced), I will only do machine applique and that may be simply because I don't think I have the patience for the hand applique.  I really like to incorporate machine embroidery into quilts that  I make.  I also have a Tin Lizzy machine quilting set up.  I am a member of Quilters for Comfort.  QFC, as we're more commonly refered to, is a wonderful group of people who create quilts for causes.  We try to find non nationally recognized organizations in need and donate quilts to bring comfort and let those recipients know someone care about them in a time of need.  You will notice (if you continue to follow my blog) that I will refer alot to QFC and post pictures of quilts that are done for QFC.
Until next time,

Katie

No comments: