Thursday, October 21, 2010

a few projects

Finished up and mailed off the quilt to Donna B.  I used blocks from a swap I did a while ago.  They just seemed to jump out at me and say "use me, use me"  so I did!  I know some people don't like to get involved in swaps, and that's really okay.  I like them.  Sometimes I get something I can't use or something I need to 'modify' a bit, but I always appreciate that someone took the time to be involved and share.  I also like that with swaps I've always got something that I can use to put together a quick quilt.  And that was the case with the quilts needed by Donna B.
I'm also working on a paper piecing block that I found in an older book.  I'm using some of my scraps.  It's a 6" block and has 21 pieces in it.

I like the use of all the white.  I have alot of white cotton muslin left over from quilt backings and also from trimming blocks after embroidery.
I finished the quilt top for my granddaughter's Christmas quilt and will get it quilted over the weekend.  Pictures to follow.

Katie

No comments: