Friday, September 6, 2013

Just chit chat

What a week this has been.  I did manage to quilt and bind 2 Sew Fest quilts (still need to take pictures).  I started adding those 4” squares to the Dresden plates and I really like how that is all coming together.  I still don’t feel like I’ve accomplished much this week.  We have a good friend who is in the hospital with severe pain in both his knees and ankles and, so far, the doctors can not find out what is wrong.  He had his lady friend fly in to help him with some of his financial stuff and we gladly went to get her from the airport.  The next day it was back to Tucson for doctor’s appointments for both the hubby and myself.  Back into Tucson tomorrow for my g-sons’ football games.  This year they are on different teams, playing at different times at different fields.  This all adds up to the entire day in Tucson, but I wouldn’t miss it for the world Smile 

This morning as I was surfing the different blogs, it dawned on me how close Christmas really is and that I really don’t have a clue what to do for my family.  The kids are getting older now and really know what they want.  I’d prefer to just give them a gift card but I’ve always felt that was so impersonal (it’s a “just me” thing).  With not knowing what the current trend is in toys in the specific age groups, it just seems to be mind boggling to me.  I’ve already discussed with my DIL that I think it’s time to concentrate gift buying for just the kids as the adults buy what they want, when then want anyway.  She seemed to be in agreement…..

My SIL has to have her ureter stent replaced every 4 months so that means a trip to Prescott Valley north of Phoenix for a few days.  When we get back from that, I need to do some home maintenance such as touch up paint around door jams and such.  My sister and her significant other is coming the beginning of October.  She’s talked about taking a trip to the Grand Canyon as he has never been out west.  That will be at least a one night and more likely a two night stay.  I still have not been able to get from her exactly when they’re coming, how long they’re staying (and they will be staying at a hotel and not at my home – he likes his own space…..) or what they’d really like to do / see while they’re here.  I’m sure it will all be very last minute but I haven’t seen my sister in 3 years and I’m looking forward to the visit and her significant other is a great guy so I’m sure we’ll enjoy the time however, wherever we go…

My day today will be spent putting my home in order as having been out for the past couple of days, things have been put down but not put away.  I need to do laundry, mop and vacuum, dust – oh yeah all the usual fun stuff…..  I hope to get some pictures for a future post.  Before the time of digital photography, I carried my 35mm with me everywhere so as to not miss a photo op.  You think I’d be better at taking pictures for posting on my blog????  Maybe I don’t put as much importance in my crafting/ hobby as I should????  Ah well, stay tuned and maybe I’ll have some pictures next time Smile

Have a great weekend,

Katie

2 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I LOVE your chatty posts!! You cover a lot of territory - and it sounds like you have your own bunch of "Ducks" and "Squirrels" - ;))

~Deb Lindley said...

Well as usual - sounds like you're staying quite busy ;-) I would LOVE to see pics of the quilts you've bound from SewFest, bet they're gorgeous! Just now getting back to quilting myself after spending almost 3 FULL weeks getting ready for my youngest son's wedding this past Saturday, and it went quite well, I'm happy to say...

Time to get back to it - Happy Quilting, Miss Katie!
~Deb