Friday, September 20, 2013

A Quick Summer

Did your summer go by as quickly as mine did?  Sunday is the first day of Autumn and here in southeast AZ we’ll never notice the change of season.  We’re just about out of our rainy season, and here where I live we didn’t get near the rain we normally get (sad).  Phoenix is still in the 100+ temp range (so glad I don’t live there!)  Once we start showing signs of summer leaving it’ll be wonderful.  There will be a slight crispness in the air with gentle breezes and I will enjoy it very much!  Okay enough about the weather…. So, did you have productivity over the summer?  I did as far as QFC goes.  Going to Sew Fest and then finishing 9 quilts after I got home.  Here’s a sampling:

I was in such a hurry to get the box sent off that I didn’t get pictures of the last quilts I completed.  See, I told you I’ve gotten really bad a taking pictures!  My G-sons’ football league is having a ‘parents night’ and they requests items for raffle and my DIL asked if I’d do a quilt.  Their league is the Oro Valley Dolphins and have the same colors as the pro team.  I’m embroidering a set of Dolphins and thought I’d got the right colors (orange and teal) fabric…. well the teal I think will end up being too ‘blue’ to be correct, but I’ve already got most of the blocks assembled so it’ll have to do.  Okay, Okay,  I can hear you now, Kitty yes I will work really hard to remember to take pictures!!!! 

If you follow me, you know I’m a horrible blogger and I’ve noticed I only have one post this month.  I won’t make excuses but I do have reasons.   I told you in my last post about my friend in the hospital – well he’s still there.  Actually in a rehab facility.  The doctors have finally given him a diagnosis of arthritis and he’s received injections in his knees and is walking with a walker.  He is hoping to come home soon.  I was in Prescott Valley for a few days while my sister-in-law underwent her procedure.  I was in Tucson yesterday and back down there today.  I had a small cyst on my jaw that got infected and today I am having it surgically removed.  That small, less-than-a-pencil-eraser sized cyst went to the size of a nickel and was sore.  From my general practitioner, to a dermatologist, to a plastic surgeon – has only taken 2 months to get to the point of removal….

Okay I’m off to get some things done before I have to head into Tucson and again tomorrow as my G-sons’ have ball games each Sat.  Maybe I’ll rest on Sunday Smile

Happy beginning of Autumn,



A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Haha - so you heard me, huh?? - ;))

LOVE your stuff!! And you know that I don't really need photos to read your blog - but what I do is leave my camera out on my cutting table - or next to my computer - somewhere IN THE WAY - and then when I pick it up to move it - I take a photo of whatever it is I'm working on. I'm pretty good at taking the photos but terrible at getting the dang things loaded to my computer and my posts written - haha - ;))

Quilting Nan said...

Katie, I'm going to start following you. I read your blogger profile, and we have somethings in common. I too have a big Brother Embroidery machine, PR 600 which I love, love! I always try to put an embroidery "something" on every quilt I quilt. Looking forward to reading your quilty news.