Saturday, June 15, 2013

Update

Happy middle of June day!  Really can hardly believe that 2013 is almost to the half way mark.  Okay, on to the update.

I posted here about this:

IMG_0074The small curved hobby knife I got at Harbor Freight.  At that point, I had yet to try it.  Well, as we all know, we are not going to go through life not having to ‘unsew’ something.  So, yes, it’s been tried and I LOVE IT!!!!  That little blade is sharp all the was to the tip, just a slight touch on  the thread needing to be removed and – gone, just like cutting through butter!  The ‘knife’ also fits comfortably in my hand – a good size overall (at least for me).  I give this a big thumbs up and would highly recommend it.  Full disclosure here.  The blades are replaceable and there are some included in the packaging.  As with any hobby knife with the replaceable blades, it has that collet (or whatever it’s called) that needs to be tightened just below the blade.  This collet needs to be tight to avoid the blade slipping and causing injury.  Anyone using this hobby knife as a seam ripper needs to be aware of that and check for tightness prior to using.  Also, I am in no way affiliated with Harbor Freight – I just enjoy finding something at a good price that can be incorporated into my craft….

Hoping everyone is having a glorious June day.

Katie

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks for the post, Katie! I'll have to get one before they sell out - ;))