Thursday, June 6, 2013

The more time I have…..

The more time I waste! 

So, time – we all have it, we all waste it, we all wonder how to better organize it!  I’ve read about routine, how to schedule, how to, how to, how to…  Then I think about “what if you do this, or that or whatever” that does not apply to the person writing about “how to”.  When I decided to be a ‘stay-at-home’ I figured I’d have all sorts of time to do the things I wanted to do.  My house would be spotless, my closets and drawers would be organized and I’d be able to spend hours quilting and crafting.  So much for my ‘figuring’!!!’

I do believe my house is (as my neighbor says) “tidy”.  I do keep it relatively clean and uncluttered (well, don’t look in the sewing room!) but I feel like it should be so much cleaner that it is seeing as how I’m home.   Am I stressing over this? Nope!  I feel my house is clean, just not as organized as I’d like.  Now my sewing room drives me nuts!  I’m always thinking of different ways to rearrange, move things around, etc…. I know, I know, we all do that.  I’m seriously thinking of packing it up, like I was moving.  As I go through  everything, make the decision if it’s something I’d move.  If it isn’t, it goes….  Now will I really do this?  Seriously?  Probably not… because I’d start packing it up then come across something I want to work on.  Then what would happen?  I’d have all this stuff pulled out and have a bigger mess than I have right now Smile

Okay, so where is all this going?  I would really, really appreciate hearing what you’ve done to organize / arrange that was just the best idea you’ve had.  Oh, also, my space is very limited and because I’m a ‘stay-at-home’ my budget is also very limited! 

Thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings…

Katie

3 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

If you ever solve this problem - let me know. My sewing room got too crowded so I took over the back bedroom - we never have "guests" anyway - haha. Now I have stuff piled on the dining room table and chairs, too. So I just gave up and spend as much time as possible not looking at it - and sewing instead - ;))

Sue Daurio said...

Oh boy what fun this, the more organized we are the more room we have for more stuff :) For me, I put the thread on the wall so I can see every spool and get to it quickly. And there is room for all the spools of thread. Shelves in the closet, lots of them so I didn't have to bring out boxes and go through them all. I can see all the fabric. They don't have to be pretty, they just have to exist :) And the biggest tip cost nothing at all. Put things where they belong always and put things away when a project is done. That's not fun but man it helps. Good luck!!

Teresa in Music City said...

I know exactly what you mean Katie! I love those days when I have no where I have to be... I think I'll get so much done... and then I get nothing accomplished! I actually seem to get more done when I'm busy - go figure!