Saturday, March 9, 2013

Spring Forward

What does it mean to you?  I live in Arizona where the time stays the same.  So it means that it will be a 3 hour time difference to the east and same time to the west.  It means that I soon will be seeing the wild flowers and warm temps.  Truly, I don’t understand all this nonsense (my opinion) over an hour!  Oh, well, I guess I don’t have to 'understand’ it all..

QFC quilts were finished and sent off.  Went prom dress fabric shopping with Kari (my 18 yr old G-daughter).  I was not happy with her chosen dress pattern and after some honest discussion we decided on a corset style top with a soft, A-line style skirt.  She chose a gradient blue-purple print for her skirt and because she wanted the ‘stripes’ going vertical and the print was horizontal, I ended up about a yard short…. Fortunately, JoAnn’s still had some.  The top is the color of the blue in the gradient fabric.  Still not thrilled, but I’m not wearing it and after seeing what the stores are selling……. (gosh, does this mean I’m old fashioned?)

I bought yarn to work on my g-son’s ‘big boy’ afghan.  Unfortunately, I think he’s thinking it will be a duplicate of his baby afghan.  I will have to come up with a story of how his great-grandma made that special for his mom and I didn’t think it was right to make the original less special.  I think he may go along with that….. I can only hope!

I also got some seeds planted.  We’re having a rainy weekend here in the desert and I’m hoping that it will help my garden.  I have a black thumb……..

Happy weekend to all – I’m off to do some ‘formal’ sewing Smile

Katie

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

The time change is a nuisance and doesn't SAVE daylight - at least to me. Daylight is daylight - you don't get MORE just because you change the clock - but then again - it's probably just me - ;))

Prom dress - sounds pretty - we want photos of the fabric and pattern - pretty please!!

Afghan - I think you already came up with the story of his "big boy" afghan - and how special it is - it's being made especially for HIM - ;))