Monday, December 19, 2016

life in a nut shell

if you're looking for pictures, you've come to the wrong place today...
It's been over 2 months since I posted anything....  Been busy with quite a few different things.
My favorite brother-in-law passed suddenly on October 28.  Sure took the wind out of our sails.  I went down to where he lived (3 hrs from us) to help his daughter go through the house trying to find any papers she needed as she's his only heir. ( His wife passed 6 years ago...) Anyway, had to come home as I was scheduled for a MRI that I felt I really needed to get done. Was heading out the door when my phone rang and it was my sister informing me that we had lost my brother on Nov. 1st.  Again, very sudden.  As hard as this hit me, I am so very thankful that these men I loved so much did not suffer from long, drawn out illnesses.
As for my MRI, I've been given a diagnosis of arthritis and stenosis in my back.  The doctor tried a couple injections in my back which helped for about 4 days - guess this is something I will simply have to learn to live with.
In between all this, I've been doing a little Christmas sewing.  Not near on the scale I usually do, but quite frankly, my heart simply isn't in it.  My sister and her new (1 year) husband are coming for Christmas and I am excited to see them.  If it wasn't for them, there wouldn't be one decoration up.  I will have a house full on Christmas and I'm ready for the chaos of it all.  I'm sure it will take me out of my doldrums ....
So with this all said, I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas (or whatever seasonal holiday you celebrate).  May God bless you with good health and happiness...

Katie

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Oh, Katie - I'm SO sorry to hear about your brother and brother-in-law - and glad to hear that you will be spending Christmas with your sister and her new husband. Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - with much good health, happiness - and love - ;)