Saturday, September 3, 2016

Plugging along

I am just plugging along these day.  Getting quilts quilted that I brought back from Sew Fest.  I did bring home some kids' quilts that were then sent on to TN to a children's hospital there.  I was gifted some polyester high loft batting and decided to use it in these quilts as I think most kids like 'fluffy':
These quilt tops were made by Mickey M. from embroidery designs that were donated.  Unfortunately I don't know who donated them as I would love to give credit as the designs are very well done.


The pictures make the quilts look a little puckered when, in fact, they really aren't.  I had not used a high loft batting in quite a while, but I'm thinking there are more quilts in my future that I will be using it in.
I've already started my Christmas knitting.  I love to knit when I have football games on (Yes, I do love football!) so hopefully I will manage to get some slipper socks and leg warmers (granddaughter is in ballet) done.  Not to mention the sewing I will do...
Not much else going on... the g-kids are back in school and so is my daughter-in-law, so at least once a week I pick up the g-kids.  Sort of missed it during the summer...  My 10 year old grandson is playing football so that means Saturday at the ball field.  Love to watch the kids play, too ;-)

Hope all are doing well.. I am looking forward to more fall type weather.  We're still a little warm here in AZ but when it starts to cool off, it will be glorious...

Katie

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Very nice! So tell me/us more about using that high loft batting - I'm sure I have some somewhere - ;))