Saturday, June 6, 2015

A little over a month!

It’s been a little over a month since I last blogged!  I have been busy, though.  May graduations, getting ready for a trip to Florida, trip taken (gone 10 days), and now getting over jet lag!

Here are some finished quilts that I managed before I left.  Also from my previous post, those quilts got quilted as well:

IMG_0004IMG_0005IMG_0006IMG_0007These quilts were a combined effort of Micky M. and Sheron R. from QFC.  Sent to me for quilting.  I really liked the little added applique in the upper left corners of the number teddies quilt.  And aren’t those little swirly ponies designs just the cutest! 

Okay, so my trip to FL… My sister is getting married in September and she asked me to maker her wedding dress and his shirt to match.  They are doing a Hawaiian theme wedding and getting married on a 90 ft. yacht so very casual.  She chose a pattern for a dress and I made it up in non-wedding fabric as a ‘sample’ before I went.  Too small but I had left the seams large and ‘unfinished’ so no big deal for taking out.  Dress didn’t do a thing for her!  Off to JoAnns on Memorial Day and hit a great sale on patterns and fabric.  Saved more than what we spent Smile… New dress pattern, make another ‘sample, a few adjustments and we have our dress!  Unfortunately, she had wanted a long dress but because the skirt of this pattern is cut as a circle, not enough width in the fabric to make it long.  She’s decided Tea length is okay and, really, is quite flattering on her.  We’re going to add a petticoat to her undergarments to give it the fullness of a more traditional wedding dress.  Did a sample for his shirt, made a few adjustments but no time left to get his wedding shirt made so it came home with me.  Anyway,,,, while at JoAnns my darling sister asks, “do you think you can make me some simple blouses if I get some fabric?”  So, yep, add a few blouses and a skirt to the ‘need-to-get-it-done’ list.  Never could tell my baby sister “not now”…. Oh wait there’s more!  The bride’s maids dresses she bought???? a total bust!  So, yes, I’m making those, too….  How far off is September 20?  No, don’t answer that, I don’t need anymore stress!!!  I still have Sew Fest to prepare for.  That’s August 2nd – 8th.  And, I usually do a big 4th of July B-B-Q … Okay, breathe in , breathe out…. 

Here are some of what I’ve done for Sew Fest:

IMG_0009IMG_0010IMG_0011We’re adding Christmas / Winter theme quilts for children this year at Sew Fest.  Our main focus is still our Patriotic quilts, but figured a few quilts for children who may be in a hospital during the holidays would be a nice break.  And I got to use up some scraps of Christmas / Winter fabric!

So, if it’s another month (or two) before you ‘see’ me again, you know why….

Katie who really does strive on busy…..

No comments: