Monday, July 14, 2014

Confession

Yep, I have a confession to make – not only have I not been writing on my blog, I also haven’t been reading blogs.  I know…. what’s up with that!?  I love to read other blogs.  I am always amazed at the creativity, not to mention the production.  Wow, some ladies are really little work horses and seem to just be able to produce quilt after quilt after quilt! 

Okay, so why haven’t I been reading (come on, let’s face it, you’re not really surprised when I go weeks without writing, are you???) ?  I have to admit, I simply have had no ambition or desire to sit and sew.  Every time I sit at my machine it’s because I’m really forcing myself to do it.  Therefore, production for me is way down.  I have managed to get this stuff done:

IMG_0003These are all for Sew Fest in Sept. Still have a few more embroidered sets to stitch out and more ‘filler’ quilt block sets to make up and thank goodness I have until Sept. to do it!

I have promised the little family princess, Tiffani, that I’d get her some dresses made for her Disney Princesses barbie dolls and because I will see her Wed., I’m thinking I better have at least one done!  Kari will be here tomorrow maybe while Kari works on her top, I will work on a doll dress.

Let’s see, is there anything else of interest going on?  Gosh, no, not really…  My friends are pretty well moved in up here.  They are finishing up getting their place in Tucson ready for selling.  She told me last night they hope to have it listed by this coming weekend.  It’s a really nice place and I hope it sells quickly for them.  I’ve so enjoyed having Kari close for the summer.  I really miss her when she goes away to college and that time is quickly approaching again.  She’ll head back to Northern Arizona University around Aug. 22 – just a little over a month away.  Don’t know what I’ll do once she graduates and settles into her ‘adult’ life….. I guess simply be proud of her and see her when I can Smile

Well, that’s about it for now.  I do hope everyone has much more ambition and productivity than me.  Maybe I will get a bite and get that sewing infection again – wish me luck!

Katie

No comments: