Friday, June 20, 2014

June 20

Now how’s that for a catchy blog title!?  I can hardly believe this year is almost half over.  If the second half is as busy as the first, it’ll seem like Christmas next week!

My friend’s house is move-in ready and they have actually began moving things.  Love it when a plan comes together!  I’ve actually spent some time in the sewing room this week – mostly doing some embroidery for Sew Fest:

IMG_0003These designs are from Ace Points and done in shades of grey.  I love eagles for the Patriotic theme quilts.  They are a symbol of our country and I think most men really like them.  I have also managed to sew together a few quilt blocks.  They are for the mystery exchange – again to be done at Sew Fest…..  For the ‘mystery’ this year, Cathy B. chose a few different block patterns from Quilter’s Cache and assigned different colors shade to the blocks.  At Sew Fest, the different blocks from all the ladies will be sorted and then there will be a random draw to see who gets what block/color way.  We will then assemble the quilts at Sew Fest.  The mystery will be not knowing in advance what color/ block pattern you’ll receive. 

So there you have it – just some random bits of nothingness Smile  But wanted you to know I’m still around and still getting things done now and then.

Katie

No comments: