Monday, May 26, 2014

300th post and Thank You

IMG_0103IMG_0109

What better way to have a 300th blog post than to say Thank You to our veterans and active duty troops.  And to remember those who have gone before that have provided us with our freedoms.  As far back as I can remember all the men in my family have served in the armed forces.  My country meant something to them, as it means something to me.

With this being Memorial Day I also decided to post some Patriotic theme quilt pictures.  All these quilts (and many more!) were made at Sew Fest last year by these lovely ladies:

IMG_0055A few of the ladies from QFC who attended Sew Fest 2013.  Sew Fest was held at Quilting on the Rim in Show Low, AZ.  A beautiful place set back in the trees in the White Mountains country of AZ.

I also want to thank the people who drop by and read my blog.  I hope you occasionally get a bit of inspiration.

I hope everyone has a nice Memorial Day and if you happen to know a veteran or active duty service person, please remember to tell them thank you.

Katie

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Congratulations on your 300th post!! THANK YOU to you for blogging and for your generous heart. And THANK YOU to all of our military - past, present, and future - for all that they have done - do - and will do - to keep us safe and free!! THANKS, AGAIN!! - ;))