I had thought about using the 'saw tooth' like this:
down either side and after I finished the top, I really wish I had! Once I get it quilted, I'll be posting more pictures. These are 16" blocks and actually I don't think these pictures do it justice - course, you're not seeing the whole quilt top :-) But my camera battery went out just as I snapped the pictures.....
I'm also working on an Angel quilt.
Sorry about the upper right hand glare - there's a light fixture there next to my design board.
This quit is being made from embroidered angel designs from the ladies of my group for a member who is undergoing chemo. We felt it would be nice to let her know we're keeping her in our thoughts and prayers. Of course this is a prioity. I hope to have the last few angels I'm waiting on by Tues. I want to get it completed and in the mail by the weekend.
I'm using a multi colored fabric for the borders and was trying to use the aqua and pinkish fabric to bring it all together - which it will once the borders are added. Right now the horizontal sashing looks like it's a solid strip, but it's not. I used the border fabric for the 'corner stones'.
So.... that's what I've been working on other than knitting. I've got three knitting projects going right now. A sweater for myself that I want to have done before we go to Disney, a pair of socks and I am trying to always have something on the needles for the NICU I'm donating to. Keeps my hands busy in the evenings. Even with all the lighting I have in my sewing room, I just don't like to sew after dark......
Sure hope everyone is being more productive than I've been. I'm hoping my sewing/quilting slump is finally over!