Saturday, October 15, 2011

middle of Oct already?

September seemed to just creep by and then, bam! here's October half over.  Just because I started thinking of Christmas doesn't mean it has to come at me any faster :-)  I did actually get something done this week, but not as much as I'd like.  I got the binding on 4 quilts but still have to stitch it down.  I've been battling an extremely itchy rash on my stomach for a little over a week now and finally gave in and went to the doctor.  She doesn't think it's internally (food, med, etc) related as it's not all over the body but it had spread to my elbows- inside and outside!  Also, I haven't changed my soaps, lotions or any external item either - so we're at a loss as to what caused it.  Anyway.... she gave me a shot of Kenelog, put me on the 8 day dose of prednisone (I hate that stuff) and told me to take Zyrtec once a day and see her in a week.  The heavy dose of steroid upset my stomach and gave me the jitters - it was all I could do just to hold my knitting let alone sew!  All I wanted to do is sleep and that's not easy when you're itching!  Even Benedryl cream didn't help much with that.
This morning we head into Tucson to watch my 5 year old grandson play his first ever baseball game.  I can hardly wait!  I love to watch the little guys play ball.  With that said, I'd better get in gear and get DH out of bed so we're not late to the game.

Katie

No comments: