Saturday, December 18, 2010

yes I am done!

well sort of.  Everything is sewn.  I have to get snaps/buttons on the camo and that will get done tonight or tomorrow after DH leaves.  He'll be off hunting for a couple days so gives me plenty of time!  All the shopping is done and most everything is wrapped and ready for Christmas.  I've never been ready before Christmas Eve for as long as I can remember.
As this year is coming to a close I look ahead to this next year.  I see lots of quilts in my future and I hope to become more proficient in my long arm quilting.  I've had people tell me I should 'quilt for profit' but I just am so apprehensive about quilting someone else's masterpiece.  And I do consider every quilt a masterpiece.  I don't care if it's all square patches.  Someone took the time to cut and sew those patches and put a part of themselves into that quilt top.  I'm okay with what I do with an 'all over' meander.  I'm getting better at doing feathers.  I've never used a pantograph or a stencil.  I know those are things I need work at.  Maybe 2011 will be the year I 'advance' forward with my longarm quilting.

Katie

No comments: