Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas over and moving on

I hope everyone had as wonderful a Christmas as I did.  Did alot of cooking, but I loved it.  Enjoyed my family and a couple dear friends for the day.  My sister's boyfriend loved his sailboat quilt.  I told him to please use it on the boat.  He said he definitely would and that he thought he'd leave it on the boat but decided if he did that he couldn't enjoy it at home - so I guess it'll be a traveling quilt! 
But Christmas decorations are down and boxed up, ready for DH to put away.  I've been asked to do a couple quilts for a friend who does motorcycle rodeos and poker runs.  He will be doing a poker run and the proceeds will go to the benefit of Honor Flight.  The first quilt will be displayed at a "biker bar" and I know it won't appeal to everyone, but I'm hoping it appeals to the clientel at the 'bar':
This is the center of the quilt.   I haven't decided yet on the narrow border fabric, but the outer/ wider border will be done in a dark grey.  I worked this quilt pattern up in EQ and I really like it - I think I will be using it again.
QFC on Yahoo is doing another Quilt Block Lotto.  Here is my contribution to it:
This is a pattern from Quilter's Cache by Marcia Hohn.  I can't remember the name right now....
So I am done with the Christmas sewing and moving forward with some quilt projects.
Until next time,

Katie

No comments: