Tuesday, September 8, 2020

OMG, thought I was lost

 Been a long time since I came over to my own blog.   Not even sure how long it's been - not that I had / have many followers anyway.

I am still quilting, just not as much for charity as I used to.  Quilters for Comfort is still in existence, but we're not doing near the volume we used to, nor do we have the participation we used to have.  Because of our structure, it called for a lot of mailing of packages and quite frankly, shipping whole quilts can get a little pricey.

Lately, I am spending time purging fabric.  Had way too many scraps that I was certain I wouldn't use.  I had cut them into specific sizes and they were in zip bags.  I took quite a few to Goodwill - I sure hope some quilter felt they'd hit the mother lode :-)   I also purged garment fabric.  I rarely sew garments anymore - so another thing I did not need to have taking up space.  Not too long after I did my big spring purge, I was gifted with a large amount of fleece.  I almost told the lady no, but decided I could use if for making donation quilts.  I will be cutting up pieces of fabric into strips and doing simple strip quilts and using the fleece for batting/ backing.  I think it will make some nice cuddle quilts.

I am running out of family & friends to give quilts to, so I truly am cutting back.

As with most sewist, I've made my share of face masks.  Another way I used up scraps.  I did not sell mine and I was sad to hear / read that some who did sell were made to feel bad doing so.  Just don't think we should judge another when we don't know their situation.

I'm sure I could write a book, but don't really want to bore you.  I will add one picture for this post.  It's for a niece who got married almost a year ago.  It's the Northern Star pattern from Missouri Star Quilt Company.  Easy enough pattern, but a bit time consuming, but my niece loved it so it was well worth the effort.






No comments: