Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A week?

Yep, been a week since I blogged!  Guess my Blah day lasted longer than just a day ;-)  I have managed to figure out how to knit using the continental method - talk about a faster way to knit!  Started the toe up socks, too - but I've put that aside for a bit.  I really want a shawl.  Not just a decorative flimsy thing.  Something to keep my arms warm.  Couldn't find something knitted that I liked.  I came across a crocheted shawl using two strands of worsted weight yarn and the big Q crochet hook - going quickly and it will be warm.
Quilting??? Yes, I've done some of that too.  Actually managed to get the last of the QFC quilts quilted, trimmed and waiting for their labels and binding - that's on the agenda for tomorrow.  I've been browsing some of my older quilt magazines and some quilt books to find a pattern for a new quilt. 
The Tin Lizzy isn't playing nice again - don't know what's going on but I'm not happy!  Emailed customer service at TL and have received no answer.  Get more help from the TL Yahoo group!  I've done the last couple quilts in the manual mode - it's okay once you coordinate your speed with that of the machine, but when you pay for the ability to have stitch regulation, you expect to be able to use it! 
Hopefully, I'll have some pictures for you next time!

Katie

No comments: